I’ve shared my love for the Chanel brooch with you earlier and in this post, I’ll show you how to style a brooch in 10 different ways. The sky is the limit if you are a little creative. There are so many ways you can wear a brooch to lift an outfit, and that is why I love this kind of accessory.
It doesn’t necessarily have to be worn the classic way on a jacket, dress or a top, even though I wear it like that quite often. I love to give my old (or new) piece of clothing a little facelift with a brooch or two. But if you think outside the box, the options are many. You can pin it on a hat or a beanie, on a silk scarf to hold it together, in the middle of a shirt collar, on your belt loops, or even in your hair. You can also glam up your handbag with a brooch, but preferably if it’s made of canvas as it may leave visible holes if it’s made of leather.
So don’t worry if you’re feeling a little stuck on how to wear a brooch, I got you covered. Here are 10 different ways I wear a brooch, and you can do it too. And just for the record, all pictures below are of me but a few of them are taken a while back and has also been posted on Instagram (hence the many “no face” pictures).
So, let’s get to it:
1. In my hair. On my wedding day, I wore a vintage brooch as a hairpin. I bought it in a vintage boutique and it was baby blue, so this brooch served both as my “something old” and “something blue”.
2. I often wear a brooch in the middle of a collar on a shirt or a blouse as a “necklace”. Here shown with and without a winter coat.
3. On a crisp white shirt with ripped jeans and a Balenciaga Small City bag (I was actually shopping at Balenciaga here, buying my beloved cut out boots!)
4. If you’re tired of wearing it the classic way, why not wear it on your belt loop? Not my usual way of styling it, but I think it works.
5. One of my favorite looks is pinning one or two brooches on an oversized denim jacket.
6. Also, love to wear it on a denim shirt. A classic.
7. Tired of long winters and wearing warm clothes? I am! So here I’ve spiced up a white chunky knit with a CC brooch and a Gucci belt.
8. On warmer days, I often wear it on summer dresses. Here on a baby blue dress with a dainty gold necklace.
9. On a black and white polka dot dress.
10. Last but not least, the utility jacket. Let it get a feminine touch with a brooch. (PS. didn’t just had a big dinner in the last picture, I was 7 months preggo as well!)
There you have my 10 different ways to style a brooch. And there are many more if you’re feeling a little creative. Hopefully, this may inspire you to wear a brooch more often or maybe you don’t wear them at all and would like to try?
In addition, I will add a little dream of mine. One day I would love to own a Chanel jacket and I would definitely wear it with a CC brooch! I took this picture of a mannequin in a Chanel boutique I visited a couple of years ago. Love the way they styled her! A girl can dream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Follow my blog with Bloglovin